a collection of sermons that are not a part of a series.
Each year, FBC sets aside a month or so (May 2020) to focus on missions. During this time, we get to prayerfully consider what we individually will give each week to missions/missionaries, over and above our normal tithes and offerings. Did you know that we personally have 35 missionaries we support through Faith Promise? The money you give to Faith Promise is above your tithe and offerings. If you are not giving, then you really need to ask yourself why not? Throughout this month you will have an opportunity to pledge your yearly support to our Father’s business.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR SUPPORT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
You can also pledge through PushPay with a reoccuring monthly payment to the fund "Faith Promise"
JESUS SAID WHAT: SERIES OVERVIEW
Tagline: The “I AM” Statements of Jesus
Synopsis: Jesus taught us many great things about how we should live and how we
should treat other people. But some of the most important things He spoke were the
things he told us about who He was – God himself.
Memory Verse: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrew
I AM. . .
Scripture: John 8:42-59, Jesus Claims About Himself
To the people of the Old Testament – Abraham, Joseph, Moses – God was the great “I
AM.” When Jesus said, “before Abraham was born, I AM!” he was telling the people that
he was God himself – he was with the Father from the beginning of time.
The Bread of Life
Scripture: John 6:32-42, 60-69, The Bread of Life
After Jesus fed the 5,000, he told the people “I AM the Bread of Life.” Just as we need
to eat food for our physical health, we need Jesus for our spiritual health.
The Light of the World
Scripture: John 8:12-20, The Light of the World
Light allows us to see and keeps us from stumbling in the dark. Many people in this
world live in spiritual darkness because of sin. Jesus is the Light of the World who
exposes sin and shows us the good and right way to live.
The Gate for the Sheep
Scripture: John 10:7-10, The Gate for the Sheep
Throughout the Bible, God’s people are described as His sheep. Jesus is the Gate.
Only through a relationship with Jesus can we enter into the sheep pen and become one
of God’s people too.
JESUS SAID WHAT: SERIES OVERVIEW
The Good Shepherd
Scripture: John 10:11-18, The Good Shepherd
A shepherd feeds, cares for, and protects his sheep. Jesus is our Good Shepherd and
we are his sheep. Jesus went so far as to lay down his life for his sheep.
Objective: Kids will learn that Jesus laid down his life for us.
The Resurrection and the Life
Scripture: John 11:17-44, Jesus Raises Lazarus
Jesus performed a miracle by raising Lazarus from the dead. He also gave us a great
promise when he said: “I AM the resurrection and the life.” He was saying that everyone
who believes in Jesus will have eternal life.
The Way, The Truth, and The Life
Scripture: John 14:1-7, The Way to the Father
People get confused thinking there are many different ways to God. BUT Jesus said
that the only way to the Father and to live with Him in heaven is through Jesus. Jesus is
the Way, the Truth, and The Life.
Scripture: John 15:1-17, The Vine and the Branches
The branches of a plant cannot survive unless they are continually connected to the
main vine. Jesus is the Vine. To live a holy, fruitful, and happy life, we need to be
constantly connected to Him.
Sermon series - Five Spiritual Disciplines
- Text: Psalm 19:7-14. Title: “Do you know how to revive your soul?” January 12th.
- Text: Colossians 4:2-6. Title: “Learn how to be watchful in prayer.” January 19th.
- Text: Ephesians 5:15-21. Title: “Finding God’s will for our lives.” January 26th.
- Text: Revelation 4:1-11. Title: “Worship like the Saints and Angels.” February 2nd.
- Text: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21. Title: “Are you participating in the ministry of reconciliation? February 9th.
FBCR Fall Revival 2019. This took place from September 27th-29th, 2019.
- Text: Genesis 12:1-9, Title: “What happens when faith meets the unknown?” 10/20/19
- Text Genesis 12:10-20, Title: “What happens when faith meets difficult circumstances?” 10/27/19
- Text: Genesis 14:12-16, Title: “What happens when faith meets violence?”11/03/19
- Text: Genesis 14:17-24, Title: “What happens when faith meets personal gain?” 11/10/19. Genesis 18:12-17
- Text: Genesis 17:15-22, Title: “What happens when faith meets delayed fulfillment?” 11/17/19
- Text: Genesis 21:1-8, Title: “What happens when faith meets Thanksgiving?” 11/24/19