Missions Emphasis Month
First Baptist Church of Rockville is a church of the nations, for the nations, therefore: We exist to win, disciple, and send people across the street and around the world with the message of Jesus Christ.
At First Baptist, we are committed to spreading the Gospel. Consequently, we have committed to providing assistance to missionaries in the US and around the world. Every year, we collect money through pledges for our Faith Promise Mission Fund. This fund exclusively supports the work of missionaries and organizations that help spread the Gospel. This month, we are gathering the pledges
Our Mission Emphasis Month theme this year is “The Gospel Resounds.” Listen to Pastor Lee’s introduction on What Missions is Really All About. Some of our missionaries will be stopping by in the next few weeks to update us on their work:
|April 30||Larry and Deb Dubin (Jews for Jesus)|
Michael Mattar (Hope Fellowship Church)
Leo and Ela Toka (Cru - Albania)
Sarla Mahara (AIM International)
|May 21||Nate Timm (Fellowship Christian Athletes)|
Trevor Overcash (Hope and Health International)
Sam Lazarus (Discipleship and Leadership Ministry)
Andy and Nanette Palm (Belize)
Every year, we gather pledges for our Faith Promise Missions Fund. The pledges are not tithes; they are a commitment or promise you make to give weekly to the Lord to support our missionaries.
Prayerfully consider making pledge for the 2017-2018 Faith Promise Missions Fund. You are welcome to give at any time. For the next few Sundays, we will have pledge cards to complete. We will collect pledges from September 2017 to August 2018.
Last year, we pledged a total $80,649 and supported more than 40 missionaries and mission organizations. A complete list is available at church. For our missionaries’ safety, we do not list all missionaries on our website and are vague in some descriptions. Here are a few missionaries and organizations we support. Click on the links to reach their websites.
- Africa Eye Clinic – providing eye care to rural Cote d’Ivoire, West Africa
- Andy and Nanette Palm of Teach Beyond– transforming lives and societies through education in Belize, Central America
- Arab Women Today of Christar – serving Arab women in Asia
- Asha Kiran – reaching people in Asia with the Gospel
- Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware
- Carl and Kathy Most of Caribbean Ministries Association – equipping church leaders in Nicaragua to reach at-risk populations
- Chip and Chari Kingsbury of Elim Fellowship – reaching the people of Kenya
- Child Evangelism Fellowship Good News Club – reaching children in America in their schools, community centers, and everywhere with the Gospel
- Community Ministries of Rockville – helping the local Rockville population meet basic needs
- Derek and Amanda Ross of Commission to Every Nation – promoting Christ-centered relationships in the Philippines
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (Montgomery County, Maryland) – combining faith and athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ
- Frank Laurent of Baptist International Outreach – reaching deaf people in Tanzania, East Africa
- Gideons International
- Good News Jail & Prison Ministry – reaching the incarcerated population with the Gospel
- International Mission Board
- Kyron and Antonia Horton of World Baptist Fellowship – reaching the people of Brazil with the Gospel
- Larry and Deb Dubin of Jews for Jesus – reaching Jews with the Gospel
- Leo and Ella Toka of Cru – reaching the people of Albania with the Gospel
- Mark and Dana McCutchen of World Baptist Fellowship – reaching the people of Brazil with the Gospel
- Matt and Katie Brubaker of Crescent Project – equipping churches to reach Muslims with the Gospel
- North American Mission Board
- Pioneers – reaching physically and spiritually isolated peoples with the Gospel
- Richard and Carol Cossette of International Students Inc. - reaching students with the Gospel
- Rockville Pregnancy Clinic – serving local women with pregnancy-related and sexual health issues
- Ryan and Jessica Karp of Chosen People Ministries – reaching Jews in the Chicago area with the Gospel.
- Shinar Mission of Christian Aid Mission – providing food aid to displaced people in Asia
- Hope & Help International – reaching the people of South Asia with the Gospel
- Tommy and Kannika Tucker, World Baptist Fellowship – reaching the people of Thailand with the Gospel
We thank you for prayerfully giving to our Faith Promise Fund. Your contributions have helped to share the Gospel on every inhabited continent.